Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Spa hotel in Belgium emphasizes responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation recognised by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of World Childhood Foundation is to defend the rights of children and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited at-risk children around the world.
RB activities include:
- Along with 10 neighbourhood restaurants, this hotel created a recipe book for the Cliniclowns Foundation.
- For each reservation of a designated hotel package, EUR 1 was donated to Cliniclowns.
- For employees and their families, the hotel hosted a nature walk and lunch.
- For the wellbeing of employees, the hotel supports the Stop Smoking programmeThe hotel donated money during the Christmas season to help disabled people.
- Hotel staff spent an afternoon making and selling paper statues; the proceeds were donated to the Save the Children fund.
- The hotel actively participates in a cleaning campaign of nearby woods.
- The hotel actively recycles cans, wine corks and paper.
- The hotel promotes environmental responsibility with an e-mail signature warning and awareness campaign on the hazard of printing e-mails.
- The lobby houses a Save the Children money donation box.